The IMAGES IN ADVERTISING AWARDS honors outstanding advertising from 2006
with lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender references in it that meet Commercial Closet
Association's Best Practices guidelines for advertising.
Nominees were selected by CCA Executive Director Michael Wilke. The final The full list of 2006 IMAGES IN ADVERTISING AWARDS nominees is here.
winners were chosen by the CCA Advisory Board and Governing Board,
announced June 11, 2007, in New York City at Time Warner Center.
1. Outstanding Commercial IKEA/Living Room - Deutsch "Living Room"
2. Outstanding Print/Outdoor - Mainstream Media Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams/We Fell in Love - in-house "We Fell in Love"
3. Outstanding B2B/Trade Ad Time Magazine/Know Why - Fallon "Know Why"
4. Outstanding International Commercial Nokia/Coffee Shop Date (Asia Pacific/Europe/Middle East) - Grey "Coffee Shop Date"
5. Outstanding Print - Domestic GLBT Media Subaru of America/Signs - Moon City Productions (campaign) "Knowing Where You're Going" "Every Way Is A-OK" "Being Ready for Any Occasion"
6. Outstanding Interactive - GLBT Media Lufthansa - OutNow Consulting "Vindt Jij Reisen Leuke In 2006?"
7. Clean-Up-Your-Act Notice DaimlerChrysler/Dodge Caliber - BBDO "Too Tough"
8. Outstanding Nonprofit Campaign Gill Foundation/Born Different - Public Interest/Radical Media (campaign) "Born Different - Why, Oh Why?" "Born Different - Meet Norman" "Born Different - Moo!"
9. Outstanding Print - International GLBT Media Ra-Re - Flash & Partners Couples with Children Two Men And A Baby Carriage
10. Outstanding Lesbian Portrait Time magazine - Fallon "Know Why"